How To Have The Best Time Ever This Summer

How To Have The Best Time Ever This Summer

I’ve been absolutely loving this Summer heatwave in the UK these past couple of months and I personally hope it never stops!  Taking full advantage of the heat, I’ve actually visited 3 beaches so far this summer, which is definitely a personal record for me.

The biggest challenge I face when I go to beaches, especially those with fairground rides, is that I have to resign myself to the fact that my camera has better eyesight than I do (…bear with me on this.)

Sometimes if I want to admire things in the distance, I have to use my camera to zoom in to get a better look (I can’t be the only one who does this?)  And it’s even worse when I’m going on fairground rides and I can’t really see what’s going on and can’t fully enjoy myself as it’s all one big blur.

Through inconvenience and slight vanity (but mostly vanity), I choose not to wear glasses.

So last week, we ventured down to Bournemouth seafront to visit my fiance’s sister for her son’s first birthday party.  I was totally mesmerised by all the bright colours of the seaside fairground rides and was seriously so grateful that I was able to absorb it all (at least visually) thanks to my new Focus Dailies contact lenses.

My only previous experience with contacts were Korean circle lenses which I can say are not the most comfortable.  Plus, they were yearly contacts.  Can you imagine how I managed to re-use the same contacts over and over for a year?!  As you probably already know, I’m a bit of a germophobe and I’m so glad I have found these Focus Dailies contactsp that you can dispose of after each single daily use.

The Focus Dailies are so comfortable, I literally didn’t even remember they were there.  And I can safely say, I thoroughly enjoyed myself without needing to worry about any glasses falling off my face when going on the rides!

In case you were wondering, I got my Focus Dailies from Vision Direct which offers next day delivery (hands up my last minute peeps!)  I’m a sucker for great deals and bargains and not only do Vision Direct offer better value than high street opticians, they also carry the same brands as high street opticians.  You can even order using SMS text.  (What a wonderful world we live in now.)  Why would we ever need to leave our house again?!

How are you taking advantage of this heatwave to enjoy yourself to the max?  Comment below, I’d love to know!

This post is in collaboration with Vision Direct.  All views expressed here are my own honest opinions.

Shop The Look

1. Melissa
    26th July 2018 / 8:37 pm

That dress is so pretty and looks great on you! I do not like the heat at all and usually stay inside to avoid it!

2. Ally
    26th July 2018 / 8:49 pm

I love your dress!! I would definitely wear something like that. I’ve never heard of Vision Direct before, it must have made going on the rides so much fun!

3. 26th July 2018 / 8:56 pm

This looks like such a gorgeous area! Your dress is stunning as well. I’ll have to check out Vision Direct.

4. 26th July 2018 / 9:15 pm

Best outfit.
    Environment as well.. nothing much to say.. absolutely stunning..

5. 26th July 2018 / 9:24 pm

These pictures are gorgeous. Inspired me to go to Bournemouth x

6. 26th July 2018 / 9:40 pm

For one, your dress is beautiful! I have glasses, but have been thinking about trying contacts so I may have to check these guys out!

7. 26th July 2018 / 9:56 pm

Those rides look so fun. Contacts would be better when going on rides like these.

8. 26th July 2018 / 10:20 pm

What a cute outfit and the shoes are as well. I love summertime activities and outfits that are lightweight and breezy so the heat doesn’t keep me indoors.

9. 26th July 2018 / 11:10 pm

I love your dress Jojo, especially the color scheme! The rides look pretty fun too. I love the brightness and the excitement that I have for summer!

10. 26th July 2018 / 11:23 pm

What some amazing places it seems like you have been going to! Contacts really can be wonderful to wear, I sort of miss my glasses now though, that I have to wear contacts.

11. Erin Haugerud
    27th July 2018 / 12:13 am

Beautiful pictures!! Looks amazing!!

12. 27th July 2018 / 3:03 am

I’m not sure what a heat wave in the UK looks like, but here in Arkansas, a heat wave is several days (weeks) of 90+ degree Fahrenheit temperatures with it feeling like 110+. I do not enjoy the Arkansas heat waves!

13. Christa
    27th July 2018 / 3:35 am

That dress is gorgeous and I love how you styled it! I wear contacts, too but also really love my glasses. I choose which to wear based on my mood. 😀

14. 27th July 2018 / 4:14 am

I love your dress – so pretty. I personally can’t stand the heat. Not sure what temperature considered a heatwave in the UK but it was105 F (40 C) here in Los Angeles a couple weeks – crazy hot!!!

15. 27th July 2018 / 4:27 am

I wish I lived closer to the beach! I love your dress, it looks beautiful on you! I’ll keep vision direct in mind when I need to get contacts.

16. 27th July 2018 / 4:41 am

i love your dress! such a fun background! happy summer!

17. kourtnie
    27th July 2018 / 5:18 am

I love the images and you show off the outfit really well. I love how you have different angles and locations.

18. 27th July 2018 / 6:04 am

I love your dress , so perfect for summer. So glad you are having the best time..summer is gone too fast here in Seattle, the yucky rain soon will be here.!

19. 27th July 2018 / 6:50 am

I used to use contacts but after my accident there were some issues with my eyes due to which I am not at all allowed to wear them. Moreover I love your pictures especially the Ferris wheel. And you look lovely in the dress.

20. 27th July 2018 / 8:18 am

I also have this problem, without my glasses I barely see anything. I’d also need some good contact lenses to enjoy myself to the fullest. I love the pictures in this post as they make me want summer to last all year long! 🙂

21. 27th July 2018 / 12:56 pm

Your pictures are absolutely breathtaking! There’s nothing worse than going to the beach and wearing glasses, except for having to re-wear old contacts that get saltwater, makeup, and sand in them from the beach. Daily contacts sound like the way to go!

22. 27th July 2018 / 1:07 pm

I’m in love with these pictures and the colours! The dress is sooooo pretty! Hope you have the best summer and the beach is featured heavily!

23. 27th July 2018 / 1:20 pm

This dress looks so good on you. It is minimalist and classy. You carry it off so well. I am sure you are enjoying summers of England. It is good to see such quick delivery time.

24. Rosey
    27th July 2018 / 4:08 pm

The dress is gorgeous. You got such amazing pictures. I love the ones by the carousel!

25. Kamapala Chukwuka
    27th July 2018 / 4:47 pm

You look stunning in these shots! I must say this is a lovely review of dailies focus lenses. Yup, it’s scorching hot here in London and splash pools and beaches is where we’ve been spending most of our days 🙂

26. 27th July 2018 / 5:09 pm

Oh hun…you are looking absolutely gorgeous and this actually shows how much fun you really having for summer! And the pictures are also stunning; I’d love to ride the carousel…

27. 27th July 2018 / 6:05 pm

Absolutely loving that dress on you and those views are so pretty!

28. Daisy
    27th July 2018 / 6:07 pm

I absolutely love this cute dress! As for wearing glasses, if you need them you should wear them… they have many cute styles and not wearing them when needed will cause you more eye damage in the long run…. It seems you have found a wonderful product to help though !

29. 27th July 2018 / 6:24 pm

Your pictures are stunning! Also, totally jealous that you live in the UK. We are hoping to move there within the next three years and it will be interesting to see how the summers there compare to where we live now in Florida!

30. 27th July 2018 / 7:18 pm

Your dress is stunning and the pictures are amazing. Looks like you had a great time.

31. 27th July 2018 / 8:16 pm

Beautiful photos and as someone who wears contacts, I’m always looking for ones that keep me happy and my eyes safe.

32. 27th July 2018 / 8:40 pm

Loved the photos. The couple of photos at the beach are my favourite. The dress is lovely!

33. 27th July 2018 / 8:48 pm

Beautiful dress. We are very fortunate of living in a beach town however we usually don’t go often. This summer one of our goals was to visit at least once a week and we have done it!

34. 27th July 2018 / 9:03 pm

Ooh it looks like you are having a great time in the pictures. Your outfit looks amazing. I’ve never heard of Vision Direct before. Thanks for sharing your story.

35. 27th July 2018 / 10:05 pm

I absolutely love your shots and that dress is dreamy. Nothing like a trip to the beach. Thanks for sharing your story about your vision.

36. 27th July 2018 / 10:22 pm

I love your sweet flowy dress! Perfect for a summer afternoon date. Ahhh…Your beautiful images now have me dreaming of heading to the beach…

37. 27th July 2018 / 11:19 pm

The dress is Stunning! You look like youre having an amazing time.

38. 28th July 2018 / 3:13 am

Beautiful write up…nice pics..

39. 28th July 2018 / 3:14 am

That ferris wheel photo is everything, loving the whole setup with your dress. I used to wear daily contacts too but now I’m good, did lasik.

40. 28th July 2018 / 4:39 am

Great pictures, I love your dress!! It’s been a hot summer here in Southern California and I’m living in sundresses and flipflops, going to the beach as much as I can to enjoy the cooler breeze!

41. 28th July 2018 / 4:58 am

Love your outfit very much. It is so girly and your shoes matches so well with the dress. I have never tried using contact lenses before as I am scare to put the lenses into my eyes. But I know it is always good to use contact lenses epecially for sports or fun rides in the theme park.

42. 28th July 2018 / 5:00 am

That dress is so you! You look absolutely amazing and I love it!

43. 28th July 2018 / 5:01 am

Summer is the best time of year. Looking like you do in that dress makes the whole year awesome!

44. 28th July 2018 / 5:05 am

You always take such lovely photos!! And it looks like you had a wonderful time!

45. Preet
    28th July 2018 / 9:52 am

This is so lovely! How I wish I was as talented and could pull off such a look. I love your outfit it fits together really well.

46. 28th July 2018 / 12:26 pm

What a cool post! This place looks amazing. You look great as well. Thanks for sharing! 🙂

47. Princess Quinn
    28th July 2018 / 2:26 pm

I haven’t used contact lenses before. I think I will have to consider using them too. Btw, I like your outfit.

48. 28th July 2018 / 3:23 pm

I agree, making summer time remarkable is a key to great memories. I really like your tips, that totally stand out!

49. 29th July 2018 / 4:04 am

First off, I love this dress and shoes! You look amazing. I haven’t made it to the beach yet this summer, but I know when I get there to make sure I’m able to take in all the sights! 😉

50. 29th July 2018 / 9:59 am

I recognised your pictures in Bournemouth instantly – it’s one of my favourite beaches, and I’m lucky to live so close! I don’t wear glasses yet, though recently had an eyetest and found out I need them 🙁 x

51. 29th July 2018 / 10:13 am

Those yearly contact lenses have always freaked me out a little bit. The thought of using the same thing (in your eyes for that matter) over and over again gives me the heebie jeebies!

I’m lucky and only have to wear glasses for ready, watching TV or for things that might strain my eyes. I don’t have a visual impairment, so contact lenses are something I don’t need to consider. But I can imagine comfort, cleanliness, and convenience are top priorities.

And I totally do the camera thing! Who carries a pair of binoculars with them where ever they go? 😄

Laura ¦ http://www.laurahasablog.co.uk

52. Jessica May
    30th July 2018 / 12:35 am

I have been wanting to try the dailies contacts! Mine seem to go so bad so quickly and my eyes are so sensitive!

30th July 2018 / 11:12 am

I like the idea of daily contact lenses, that is more appealing to a glasses wearer as I cant imagine having to keep the same lenses for a whole year! These look handy especially so at the beach where the sand gets everywhere!