BlogCon LDN 2018

BlogCon LDN 2018

Earlier this month, I attended BlogCon in London for the first time and I had no idea what to expect!  I asked a few of my blogger friends if they had been before and the general response was that it was ok but they didn’t think they would go again.  I asked a friend to come with me (no one likes attending events on their own! – or is that just me?!)  I decided I really did want to go as I was extremely curious what it was all about.

I left it til the last minute.  The night before, I realised that tickets would be taken off sale in a few hours, so I rushed to book mine.  I texted my friend to ask if I should book her ticket too and she ended up telling me she wasn’t feeling well at all.  I sat there with a sinking feeling inside me.  On one hand, I could cancel the whole thing but my curiosity wouldn’t allow that.  On the other hand, I could attend alone and it might be really awkward walking around on my own and feeling silly all day.

In the end, I decided to suck it up, book it and go alone!

The venue was quite out of the way.  I had to get a train (30 min), tube (60 min) and then a bus (20 min) meaning getting up super early to curl my hair and do my makeup…

I arrived and saw a couple of other girls on the bus walking towards the venue.  I said hi and asked if they were going to BlogCon to which they both enthusiastically replied yes and then proceeded to compliment my dress.  Turns out, they were exhibitors at the event.  For some extremely odd reason, I thought the event started at 12:00 noon so I was there at 11:50am, super keen and eager (lol).  Turns out, the event didn’t start until 1:00pm!  The horror!

So I ended up walking with them all the way to their stall and standing around awkwardly while I mentally planned out what I was going to do for an hour.

The girls started to get busy with setting up their stall so I said “I’ll leave you to it then! Lovely to meet you!” and walked off (dying inside from the awkwardness of now being on my own).

I decided to visit the bathroom since I had about an hour to kill.  I took my sweet time touching up my makeup and taking bathroom selfies (of course!)

I came back outside and was told that the event had not started yet so please wait in the lobby (haha I had somehow sashayed into the event without a ticket).  I started to get my phone out ready (so as not to stand around looking awkward) and walked towards the lobby.  There were two other girls sat on the sofas so I sat down opposite them.  Immediately we started talking about BlogCon, introduced ourselves and followed each other on Instagram.  Turns out, Anne was a BlogCon veteran, having been for the past 5 years straight.

Dress: BooHoo

We ended up chatting for a good 30 minutes before we were allowed entry to the event.  I was so surprised at how friendly and easy it was to talk to these two girls.  I ended up spending the whole day with them, looking around BlogCon, attending the blogger workshops with them and even going out for a girly dinner on the Thames in the evening!

Dress: BooHoo | Watch C/O Klasse14 (12% discount with code JOJO)

Dress: BooHoo | Watch C/O Klasse14 (12% discount with code JOJO)

Dress: BooHoo | Watch C/O Klasse14 (12% discount with code JOJO)

At BlogCon, there were a large variety of different brands exhibiting, from electronics, to fashion and beauty to food and personal care.  I loved meeting some of the smaller indie brands that I hadn’t heard of before and learning about what they do, as well as chatting with the bigger sponsors there too.  It was so heartwarming to learn how so many brands these days are conscious of their carbon footprint, using organic materials and helping out local charities and causes.

Overall, I would recommend BlogCon to anyone who has not been before.  I plan to go again to the next one!

Dress: BooHoo | Watch C/O Klasse14 (12% discount with code JOJO)

Shop the look:

1. 27th June 2018 / 5:55 pm

It looks like you had such a good time! I want to start attending blog conferences I feel like I could learn a lot.

2. 27th June 2018 / 6:31 pm

I’m glad you had a good time! I love going to blog conferences to meet people!

3. 27th June 2018 / 6:33 pm

No! It’s not just you. I don’t like attending parties alone too. From the pictures, I can tell it was fun.

4. 27th June 2018 / 8:59 pm

Great job for going by yourself! Sometimes we have the best time when we step out of your comfort zone. London would be a bit of a trip for me but I’m always up to travel. Maybe one day 🙂 Thanks for sharing.

5. 27th June 2018 / 10:17 pm

I love your dress and your makeup is so cute! I have never been to such event before

6. Taylor Aube
    28th June 2018 / 12:23 am

I love all of these boomerangs! They are so fun, and this looks like such a fun time!

7. 28th June 2018 / 12:50 am

I’ve never been to a blog conference before but it seems like a really fun event. And a great way to meet fellow bloggers and network with brands

8. 28th June 2018 / 1:05 am

How cute are y’all?? This looks like such a fun event. And I love that you included gifs in your post!

9. 28th June 2018 / 1:08 am

I love all of the photos and gifs you included in this post. It’s always cool to meet, in person, the bloggers that you’ve been chatting with online.

10. 28th June 2018 / 1:28 am

What fun! Great pics and beautiful ladies!

11. Aliya T
    28th June 2018 / 3:39 am

Wow I didn’t even know a blogcon existed. Definitely going to look up and see if there are any in my area. I absolutely love your dress.

12. 28th June 2018 / 4:01 am

This looks like a really fun time! I love all your photos from the event, you look great!

13. 28th June 2018 / 4:23 am

I had never heard of BlogCon. I definitely do not enjoy going to places on my own either. I am so glad you had a great time and made friends. Sounds like an awesome time and an event to try to get out too.

14. 28th June 2018 / 7:34 am

I absolutely love blogging events. I always leave with new friends, and inspiration. Thanks for sharing your experience. London sounds awesome!

15. 28th June 2018 / 9:11 am

It looks like you had a great time at this event! Too bad I live too far away to attend it. I love all your pictures, they’re so stunning! 🙂

16. 28th June 2018 / 10:34 am

I’ve never been to a blog con in London before! It’s really exciting to be able to meet new people and also catch up with blogger friends! Glad to know you guys had an amazing time!

17. 28th June 2018 / 10:57 am

The event looks like good fun. I like your Boohoo dress a lot. Great for the current season.

18. 28th June 2018 / 12:46 pm

Lots of anxious moments for you. But all ended great in event. I liked your post immensely. Love all photographs. You look gorgeous in this dress.

19. 28th June 2018 / 1:41 pm

You girls really had a good time. I love the cheers and your day out!

20. 28th June 2018 / 2:23 pm

It sounds like you had so much fun and you met new people. Sometimes going to an event alone can be scary but you just never know how it’s going to turn out.

21. 28th June 2018 / 3:04 pm

This looks so fun! I’m considering going to a blogcon near me in october!

22. 28th June 2018 / 3:08 pm

For your initial reluctance to go solo, you sure look like you had a great time. Seems the universe didn’t leave you hanging. So glad to see your smiling face and dancing bod in the photos! YAY!!

23. 28th June 2018 / 3:46 pm

It sounds like you had such a good day! I love love love your dress from Boohoo, it’s gorgeous!

24. 28th June 2018 / 4:37 pm

Glad to read that you enjoyed your time! Networking can be scary but once the fear is gone, it’s awesome with how many people we can connect with!

25. 28th June 2018 / 4:38 pm

Aww, it looks like you had a blast! And because of your bravery, you made friends…kudos. I probably would’ve chickened out lol

26. 28th June 2018 / 4:43 pm

OMG I’m so happy you stuck it out and went to the event by yourself. I often feel awkward as well going to events solo, but realizing a lot of bloggers go to events by themselves.

27. Jana
    28th June 2018 / 6:07 pm

Looks like such fun event and opportunity to meet like-minded people. I can tell you had a great time there.

28th June 2018 / 6:10 pm

It looks like you had a really good time attending Blogcon 2018. You got some really great shots and it’s great to know you made some friends too!

29. Rosey
    28th June 2018 / 6:22 pm

I’m glad you made new IRL bloggy friends. That’s the best part of these events, I think!

30. 28th June 2018 / 6:24 pm

WOW! It looks like you had a lot of fun! It certainly seemed to be worth the long trip. Thanks for sharing your experience. 🌸

31. 28th June 2018 / 7:12 pm

Looks like you had an amazing time! I too would like to start attending conferences. I love meeting and connecting with like-minded individuals. Maybe by fall we will be settled in enough so we can start going.

32. 28th June 2018 / 8:17 pm

Oh how fun…it looks like you had a great time. This is definitely a awesome conference and a great place to network.

33. 29th June 2018 / 1:00 am

BlogCon looks like such a great time! I’ve yet to go to a blogging conference but this one just went to the top of my list of most go-to ones.

34. 29th June 2018 / 1:01 am

It’s good that you had fun going to Blogcon. Meeting new friends and learning from the experience makes it worth taking the trip.

35. Sheree
    29th June 2018 / 1:02 am

This looks like such a fun event and it looks like you had a great time, I love your dress perfect for the summer!

~xo Sheree
    poshclassymom.com

36. Laurence
    29th June 2018 / 3:27 am

Looks so much fun, I haven’t been in a blogger event, and this one is in London! Great experience you had there, and you got new friends!

37. 29th June 2018 / 4:35 am

Looks like you are having a blast in this event. Love your make up which has some blinks on the cheeks, I find them so cute and stunning. Plus the dress, perfect 10!

38. 29th June 2018 / 10:11 am

Looks like you had a fab time at the blog on conference. It’s a great way to network with other bloggers x

39. Preet
    29th June 2018 / 11:03 am

This looks like a great event. I love your outfit it fits together really well. How I wish I was as talented and could pull off such a look.

40. 29th June 2018 / 7:28 pm

Looks like you guys had a blast! The pictures really capture that

41. 29th June 2018 / 8:04 pm

I want to go to a blog con one day. I think it would be fun. BTW love your dress!

42. Kayscha
    30th June 2018 / 3:10 am

I have no idea about blog con but now it intrigues me. Also I wanna compliment your photos, they’re great!

43. Julie
    30th June 2018 / 4:12 pm

So glad it turned out to be a good time! They have Stylecon here in the states, which seems similar.

44. 30th June 2018 / 8:48 pm

This looks so fun! Love the boomerang at the beginning. We’ve never been to one of these, but Blog Con looks like something we should attend soon.

45. 1st July 2018 / 1:03 pm

Your photos are so fun, this whole event looks like it was amazing! I’ve never been to one before but your post here makes me want to!

46. Tonya Tardiff
    2nd July 2018 / 4:42 am

This looks like the coolest event I’m so bummed I missed it! Love that BooHoo dress!

47. 2nd July 2018 / 11:30 am

If you want to grow, you have to engage with the community of people who understand you and share the same passion. Attending conferences, community meet-ups like these seemed to have a lot of fun.