The Truth About Why You Need an Instagram Husband

The Truth About Why You Need an Instagram Husband

I’ve started seeing the term “Instagram Husband” around the Internet more and more these days.  Maybe because I’m paying more attention to it.  Probably not.

If you don’t know what an Instagram Husband is, it’s a person who takes pictures of his/her partner for him/her to post onto social media.

At first there was mockery at men who would do this for their partners.  It was ridiculed as though it meant if you did it, you were somehow “whipped”.

Here’s an example of one such parody:

I must admit, I did find it quite funny at first.  But there’s actually a deeper subtext to this.

To me, Instagram is important.  I’ve even built a business out of it!  (I am currently holding a Free Instagram Masterclass next week teaching people how I grew my account to over 100k and skyrocketed my sales).

The fact that my partner not only doesn’t scoff at having to take pictures for me, but actively learns new photography skills to make my pictures better, shows an enormous amount of respect.  He respects that this is important to me and he chooses to do everything he can to support me in it.  He sees that it makes me happy, so he happily does it for me.  This to me is the real symbol of true love.  And if you look closely, you can see this same behaviour reflected in other aspects of your relationship.  In the ways that he does little things because he knows it will make you happy.

I have to give it to him when I see how patient he is with the whole thing.  And I’m truly grateful that he accepts this role so keenly.  He wasn’t always so good with the camera but since we’ve had lots of practice, he knows exactly what I like now and our mini “photoshoots” take almost no time at all.

Here’s what my Instagram Husband, Ich Loc had to say about his role:

“As the world is ever-evolving, I believe man has taken on different responsibilities and skill-sets in order to keep their women happy.  Before, in the dark ages, all it took was for the man to go out and hunt and bring the food home.  Now in modern times, the man must be the complete package.

In order to be a great boyfriend/husband, the man must be the cook, the DIY guy, the mechanic, the friend who listens, the problem solver, the protector, the ATM, the taxi driver, the mediator, the magician, the negotiator, the provider, the snack machine etc. The list of required skills just doesn’t stop piling up!  Well gentlemen, the ante has gone up once again, because it is now a standard requirement that the boyfriend/husband must now also be an outstanding photographer!  I have gradually accepted this as an evolutionary process of our era, as my own life is slowly taking the turn towards being the awesome man behind the camera, stopping every 5 minutes on the street just to take a dozen of pictures for my beloved sexy girlfriend, exposing her sexy boost up legs, just to find out that only one of the shots will be used.

I believe this can only serve the greater good, for example, my patience is forever being tested when food arrives on my table, hungry as a dog, yet I am not allowed to dig in until the mistress takes pictures.  As if that itself isn’t enough, in certain cases where lighting was an issue, I should make myself useful by holding out my own phone as the torch, literally becoming a lamppost, awaiting for the masterpiece to be born. I mean, where else in your daily life can you find the opportunity to train yourself in both patience and endurance, apart from martial arts?

I have come to the conclusion that being an Instagram Boyfriend/Husband is the new way of life, contributing to an overall happiness, which includes good soup, good sleep, and good sex. Happy Shooting Lads! May the Force be with you!”

Don’t get it wrong, being an “Instagram Husband” is not for everyone!  To be successful in the role, you must:

• Have the patience of a saint to get just the perfect shot
  • Be willing to learn new photography skills
  • Be aware of subtle details – lighting, positioning, angles, background interference etc
  • Not be easily embarassed in public when the photo-taking draws attention
  • Be your partner’s biggest fan

The main thing is, whether or not you want him to take a nice photo of you so you can post it to your huge online following, or just to your small group of friends, the fact that he would do it for you, shows a lot.  If he can’t even do something so small for your happiness, then is he really worth dating to begin with?

My Free Instagram Masterclass starts next week!  What have you always dreamed of achieving with your business? Did you know you could get your business seen by over 800 million people for free, while building relationships with them and ultimately have them wanting to buy from you?

Instagram is the only place I have seen the fastest, easiest and most fun growth for my business. It has taken my business from a failing startup to a fully-functional and booming online company now with over 100k followers in just over a year.  If you’d like to learn my exact secrets and strategies to achieve these results and finally build a respected business or Instagram Influencer status, then my class is specifically for you!

Click to save your free seat now: www.bit.ly/freeigclass

1. 29th September 2017 / 1:44 am

HAHA!! I loved that video. Our Instagram husbands do help out.

2. 29th September 2017 / 5:51 am

I couldn’t agree more with you … The patience and support our husbands extend towards our passion needs to be appreciated.

❥ tanvii.com

3. 29th September 2017 / 6:21 am

Aw I love your pictures. I don’t get how you take such magazine worthy pics. Absolutely amazing.

4. 29th September 2017 / 7:19 am

Haha this is first time I have ever heard about Instagram husband! I can tell you that my husband hates taking photo of me…not because he doesnt love it is rather because I am “never” happy with the images. I do understand him because I would be pissed to having to every 30min taking 100 pictures of someone who isnt happy of the photos!😂That said, I do have a bunch of great photo taken by him but directed by me!🙏

5. 29th September 2017 / 11:05 am

It’s so strange that there is/was a stigma about husbands helping their wives with their social media businesses as being ‘whipped’. In any other job it would be seen as positive and supportive! I suppose the fact that people now don’t see it quite that way is because so many people make a good living out of it. I’ve found that as my site/social grows and we get more and more many amazing opportunities my husband’s attitude to taking photos really improves!

6. 29th September 2017 / 11:13 am

I definitely agree that ain Instragam husband is important and I’m thankful that my husband, rather Instragam husband, is supportive of what I do.

7. 29th September 2017 / 11:51 am

Hahaha! Love your husband’s take on it! I definitely have my instagram boyfriend, and he’s getting trained to take better pictures. It’s a good thing he enjoys it! 😛

8. 29th September 2017 / 11:56 am

The concepts of instagram husband and boyfriend is really funny but I think it’s just about being supportive of your partner’s hobbies! 🙂

9. Ebrian Fox
    29th September 2017 / 12:06 pm

I saw this video weeks ago and I find it hilarious hahaha.

10. 29th September 2017 / 12:16 pm

Hahaha! Nice to know about your instagram husband. My real life husband is my instagram husband and yeah, he does chide me lovingly, if I don’t pose properly and he takes his own sweet time to get those perfect shots of me!!!

11. 29th September 2017 / 1:48 pm

I never heard of this term probably because I’m not huge on instagram. While I like to think my husband would do this for me I could see us doing a lot of yelling over it as well. We are both very impatient people.

12. Joanna
    29th September 2017 / 2:50 pm

Your husband has some really good photography skills! And you are right, not everyone can become an “Instragram husband”. They need skill, vision and creativity, which not everyone has. I prefer to take my own instagram photos, but I am rarely in front of the camera, so that works great for me.

13. 29th September 2017 / 3:06 pm

I love this! For a while I worried about people thinking my husband was “whipped” taking my blog photos but he seems to be actually enjoying it. He tells me how to stand and move and he’s getting really good and getting in to photography because of it. I remember asking him islf he was ok with doing it and he said he wanted to because he saw how much joy my blogging and being creative brought me and how my anxiety went away when it was him taking the photos.

14. Shannon Sawicki
    29th September 2017 / 4:35 pm

I need and Instagram friend, i have come to terms that my fiance will never been a social media supporter.

15. 29th September 2017 / 5:23 pm

i love it! you husband sounds very supportive and lovely. and your midi skirt is to die for 🙂

16. 29th September 2017 / 5:51 pm

LOL, I love the term Instagram husband! It totally captures the function of the role. This was a cool post and I loved your photos 🙂

17. 29th September 2017 / 6:32 pm

I had not heard this term yet. I take an abundance of pictures that he asks me to take pictures of things for him. I will have to ask him to see what he says. Gorgeous dress!

18. 29th September 2017 / 6:56 pm

The title is really hilarious 🙂 Although this is the first time I have read about this term but the article is interesting to read. Thank you for sharing something new with us 🙂

19. 30th September 2017 / 12:50 am

My wife does not have Instagram but I don’t think I will mind being her Instagram husband if she does have one. Meanwhile, it is just a Facebook husband then.

20. 30th September 2017 / 3:15 am

Wow, what an interesting topic and your husbands views re indeed so true. We actually need a photographer and creative husband. Interesting read

21. 30th September 2017 / 3:26 am

Beautiful pictures! This is my first time hearing the term Instagram husband. Love the idea of having an Instagram husband though.

22. 30th September 2017 / 4:30 am

I think its nice that you have a partner that sees your beauty in photos. It’s really helps in your chemistry.

23. 30th September 2017 / 4:42 am

Love this post! I don’t use my Instagram account nearly enough and need to sign up for your free class (thanks!) – and wow, congrats on your success! My hubby just happens to enjoy photography, and has taken pictures of me before doing quilting stuff – so I guess I am blessed with a potential Instagram hubby! 😉

24. 30th September 2017 / 5:23 am

I don’t know. As a gentleman, I like to be supportive of my significant other, but what your husband had to say about it sounded like the definition of what guys would call as “whipped.” He feels like he has lost all backbone and made your happiness his personal mission. While wanting your spouse to be happy, I feel like relationships must maintain some sort of balance to ultimately be happy. If your spouse feels like he has found his balance then more power to him. For me, while I know I would be happy to do things that my spouse loved including taking lots of pictures, if I didn’t receive the same consideration, it wouldn’t work for me in the long run. Hence, what I mean by balance.

25. 30th September 2017 / 7:16 am

True love indeed 🙂 So sweet that he is patient and willing to take the photos and do the whole process. You’re right, it really is a lot of dedication and work. I’m a food blogger and photographer, but my awesome hubby helps so much with the tech side of things, including lighting and editing videos. Now you’ve made me realize I need to bake him some brownies for being such a trooper.

26. 30th September 2017 / 7:38 am

This was a very captivating and eye-catching read, Jojo…closely reminding me of how the world could use more kindness.
    Thank you.

30th September 2017 / 9:59 am

Oh my! I loved your picture and your video. Your husband is so supportive to you.

28. 30th September 2017 / 3:02 pm

This stigma about husbands doing something like this for their wives, daughters, or any family member is something I couldn’t understand. What is wrong with that? For those who have some narrow, crooked thinking I think it’s time to change. Stereotyping people is totally outdated and unacceptable. If you want to be successful in this era, be open-minded, embrace change.

29. 30th September 2017 / 8:50 pm

I love your outfit. Great styling with perfect accessories. You look great. Lovey post.

30. Akamatra
    30th September 2017 / 9:17 pm

I am happy for you. You seem to be happy with your instagram husband. I have a loving husband too but I don’t put myself on instagram so I take all the photos by myself.

31. 1st October 2017 / 6:22 am

You are lucky to have an insta husband. And you look awesome in that outfit.

32. 1st October 2017 / 3:48 pm

Such an inspiring blog post. I have a boyfriend and it’s so hard to find an Instagram husband under this circumstance. My bf might get jealous! So I’ve been pushing him to take greater photos.. but really, I don’t mind having an Instagram wife haha

33. 2nd October 2017 / 11:03 am

The video was great! But you’re right there is so much more to it, I really loved your husbands point of view. I hope to one day find someone thats supportive of what I do like yours.

34. 2nd October 2017 / 12:00 pm

Hahaha! I REALLY need one! My husband does not help me AT ALL. :/

35. 3rd October 2017 / 4:09 am

I so love this.. My boyfriend has always expressed his support in taking my blog photos but I always turned it down cause I sometimes get impatient but love that he’s supporting what ever it is I do.. This post is so cute and you’re so blessed with having your very own Instagram husband 🙂

36. Thena
    3rd October 2017 / 5:48 am

Beautiful dress, you look stunning. Love your confidence that you are showing here!

37. 3rd October 2017 / 5:04 pm

lovely outfit, i love the soft pink!

38. 4th October 2017 / 7:10 am

I am loving your skirt. It is so important to have someone that support you and your plans. And it will be the best when you need the picture

39. 15th October 2017 / 6:43 pm

This is such a great post! I love love love it! I need to get my man on board!