How To Know What You Were Put On This Earth To Do

How To Know What You Were Put On This Earth To Do

I’ve seen this happen so much lately.  My friends tell me that they wish they could do what I do in life with my business.  My friends tell me they are bored with their lives.  I’ve been where they’ve been.

Brainwashed

Being a stubborn girl, I didn’t want to see things in a different perspective.  Growing up, I was spoon-fed this “ideal” lifestyle that I should follow: get a degree, get a good job, buy a house, get married and live happily ever after.

The turning point

I went to university as expected of me and during the holidays, I worked as a waitress.  I remember my manager praising me so much that I worked harder and harder and harder to earn more praise.

One day, I collapsed at work.

In that moment, I realised I was working my butt off for the success of someone else.

That’s when I met the Alpacasso (pictured below).

It was love at first sight and I knew I had to have one of my own.  I wholesaled the product, with the plan to keep one for myself and sell the rest on.  They sold like hot cakes, so I ordered more and more and more.  It eventually turned into a full-fledged business and thus LoveJojo was born.  Remember: this was all born out of my love for the product and nothing else.  It wasn’t about the money.  After this, I launched a Cute Japanese subscription box service which was spawned from my original company, as well as another upcoming secret project (which I shall reveal in the coming few weeks!)

For a long time, I thought I still wanted that ideal lifestyle I had been fed – however, only now, it was minus the traditional day job.  Even just a few years ago, I thought my dream and main purpose in life was to buy a beautiful big house to live in.  It’s funny; only by relaxing your ego, can you see the truth.  It’s similar to how when you stare too hard at a painting, you can’t enjoy it’s beauty – you need to just relax your eyes and it will automatically pick up things you couldn’t see before.

I’ve been asked so many times what I want to do with my life.  Each time, my stubborn answer was that I wanted to buy a house and live in it happily forever.

Going really deep

But when I thought deeper about it and allowed my mind to relax, I realised that this life is a gift.  I am lucky to be born as a healthy human being, with so many opportunities and blessings.  There will only ever be one Jojo that ever existed.  No one before me or after me, will ever be exactly the same as me, think exactly the same as me, nor have the same idiosyncrasies as me.  I should not waste this chance at life.

And it can’t be that my entire life would only be dedicated to buying a house to live in?

I allowed my metaphorical eyes to relax so that I could see the truth.

In that moment, I also realised that everything I had done in life up to that point had an underlying theme.  It was to spread love and joy to those I encountered in my life.  I stopped and realised that this Earth is a beautiful place, if you choose to see it that way.  Everything we have in this life, came from the Earth.  All of the food, clothing, even electronic devices, all originated from materials on or within Earth.  This made me have a newfound respect for Mother Earth and the environment.  I no longer wanted to use plastics or contribute to destroying the planet.

With this new realisation, there were so many things I was now driven to pursuing in life.  I’m still in the process of setting up my second business right now.  But keep following my journey and you’ll see what unfolds.  It’s going to be exciting, I promise you!

Now what about you?

So back to my original question – how do you know what you’re doing with your life, is what you were put on this Earth to do?  Like I said, so many of my friends tell me that they wish they could do what I do – run multiple businesses and work for myself.  The truth is, it’s not about the money.  If it’s about the money, then you’re in the wrong game.  Everything I do comes from a place of love.  When you’re doing what you love, it’s like the love of a mother for her child.  You don’t even realise the sleepless nights.  You embrace the good and the bad, and you wouldn’t have it any other way.  Because the love is so strong, it conquers everything and gives you the strength and passion to carry on.

Relax your metaphorical eyes, and you’ll see the truth.  Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.

Follow me on Follow and my other social media below.

1. Ich Loc
    29th July 2017 / 2:00 am

This is such an inspiring blog! Not only are you beautiful, you also have the soul of an Angel 🙂

2. 29th July 2017 / 2:11 pm

Having your own house and happily living forever is a dream of many people and it’s not bad to have those goals as inspiration. I think we just need to enjoy what we have in life at the moment but also think about what we still want to achieve.

3. 29th July 2017 / 4:21 pm

Very inspiring and encouraging to put love before anything one does. Yes we are all unique and it is apparent that we make sure that we accomplish our tasks here on earth. Knowing your vision and purpose is paramount in living an authentic life.

4. 29th July 2017 / 5:58 pm

This is such a great post! I know I was put on this Earth to write, and I’m so glad I’m able to do so.

5. 29th July 2017 / 8:43 pm

Hi, what an inspiring post and for being successful doing something you love. For many though having a good job, nice house and a settled life is what they want. It is all down to the individual and what makes them happy.

6. 30th July 2017 / 1:23 am

That was such a beautiful read..I never had that passion to get one big house and live happily ever after since I always wanted to follow my passion and interests, some which converted into money while some didn’t.

7. Ola
    30th July 2017 / 1:55 am

It’s always nice when unexpectedly good things happen to people. It’s so true what you said, if you do things with love you will be more successful in life.

8. Ashley DTKAustin
    30th July 2017 / 3:18 am

What a great and inspiring post! I think people get lost in what they feel they should be doing – making $$, a family, etc. but there is so much more to life than money and “things”.

9. 30th July 2017 / 3:04 pm

I have always been a firm believer of doing what you love. It’s true that when we do what makes us happy, the rest follows. 🙂 Very inspiring post! 🙂

10. 30th July 2017 / 7:22 pm

True love what you work for is the foremost thing … and if we do it religiously money will follow

11. 31st July 2017 / 12:08 am

What a nice and inspirational post <3

12. 31st July 2017 / 1:34 am

You have asked a very profound question that men have been trying to answer for ages. I do not think we will really find out exactly what our life is for, but as long as you are positive to yourself and other people, I do not think you are far from that purpose.

13. Stephanie
    31st July 2017 / 4:46 am

You’ve got a lot of knowledge and wisdom from your many successes and endeavors! So impressive! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us!

14. 31st July 2017 / 6:26 am

Traveling has helped me discover my true passions in life and I am forever grateful. I am actually at a transitional stage in my career and I’m glad I figured it out sooner than later.

15. 31st July 2017 / 11:19 am

I love reading your story on how you eventually found your purpose and be able to grow your company. I’ve started a business last year and I’m in the middle of switching from corporate life to going solo. Somehow, I got to appreciate the journey too. I guess, everything I learned somehow prepare mo for making my own decisions and taking bolder steps.

16. 31st July 2017 / 1:38 pm

Interesting to read about you! Very inspiring about how to started your own business, Love Jojo! Its a beautiful name too!

17. 31st July 2017 / 6:49 pm

I agree, it’s not about the money when it comes to running your own life, it’s having that agency to make your own decisions!

18. 31st July 2017 / 8:38 pm

I agree with you. In order to be happy and satisfied you have to so what you love. Doing what you love will be more meaningful to your overall wellbeing and that is what your meant to do on this earth.

19. 31st July 2017 / 11:07 pm

This post makes me feel good AND bad! I am married, I have a kid and I am an entrepreneur…but I feel like still haven’t figured out what my goal was!!!But I am glad that you found your path girl.
    xx
    Laura

20. Brittney Buccat
    1st August 2017 / 5:58 am

This is so inspiring! Keep hustling girl!! I’ll strive to do the same!!

Brittney
    MISSXBO.COM

21. 1st August 2017 / 8:11 am

I totally feel you girl. I have started MANY business ventures some successful some that failed miserably, but how am I supposed to know unless I try them. There isn’t a formula for this, it’s more of a trial and error.

22. Sadhna Shanker
    1st August 2017 / 9:01 am

Finding what you love to do is a challenge in itself. Consider yourself blessed that you have found your calling. I am much older and still feel I am getting there slowly!

23. Blair villanueva
    1st August 2017 / 10:24 am

My love for writing and sharing experiences makes me happy and the reasons why I continue blogging. I can’t imagine without it. 🙂

24. 1st August 2017 / 10:50 am

This is such a great post ! It’s very encouraging and inspiring to put love before anything one does. I agree that doing what you love is more meaningful to your overall wellbeing but sometimes finding what you love to do is already a challenge in itself !

25. 1st August 2017 / 2:08 pm

It’s really a matter of perspective, happiness is subjective and so is the state of being. I am glad that you have found your calling. Great post. Thanks for sharing ❤

26. 1st August 2017 / 3:08 pm

This is a tough one to answer 🙂 I think that if you are happy most of the time you are doing something right, it doesn`t matter what it is. We are different and there is not only one formula for happiness.

27. 1st August 2017 / 4:18 pm

What an inspiring story! Congrats to you and your business and more so for realizing that you had so much in you to be successful with.

28. 1st August 2017 / 5:47 pm

How much I agree, how many years did I get to realize these things. That it takes you away φρομ joy and love is not for you !!

29. 1st August 2017 / 6:14 pm

Just 2 words. mind blowing blog.

30. 1st August 2017 / 6:38 pm

Reading your blog post is so timely for me. I did that ideal lifestyle for more than a decade – “get a degree, get a good job, buy a house, get married and live happily ever after.” And now, I’m embarking at a new journey of fulfilling a new dream just like you. It’s just that sometimes, I feel so overwhelmed and confused. I need to relax my eyes so I can see the truth. Thank you for this tip!

31. 1st August 2017 / 8:12 pm

This is really interesting post. I’m glad I found it.

32. Sian
    1st August 2017 / 8:26 pm

You are so inspiring it’s unreal!! I hope to find my calling soon one day, and be able to call thing I love most my work! Xx

33. 1st August 2017 / 8:32 pm

I can relate to this . It wasnt until my mid 20s I realised I had to stop worrying about the life my parents envisioned for me and start living my own life. Who cares if things arent done in the “right” order as long as youre happy.

34. 1st August 2017 / 9:27 pm

I believe it’s so important to follow your passion. When you focus on the process, which is having fun, and forget about the outcome; it’s pure bliss.

35. 2nd August 2017 / 7:30 am

What an amazing post!! I really enjoyed reading it. You are beautiful from the in- and outside!!

36. 2nd August 2017 / 7:36 am

I recently lost my office job so I made that as an excuse to dust off my old camera and start taking photos once again until my next job interview comes up. I really enjoy travelling and seeing wonderful things. And I use that camera to freeze that moment of simple happiness that even my salary had not even bought me. I really enjoyed your post and want to wish you and your business success.

37. 2nd August 2017 / 1:09 pm

I have learned in the spiritual point of you of the existence of an individual when he knows where did he come from, why he is here on earth and where he is going after his life. In that case, he could be considered the educated person. And most of us won’t ignore that knowledge for we believe in God as our Creator. I may sound different but that is the truth.

38. 2nd August 2017 / 1:42 pm

Great inspirational post. I am not quite sure what I am suppose to be doing. But I am living my life one day at a time and going on more and more adventures.

2nd August 2017 / 3:00 pm

I adore your realizations so much. This is really a beautiful place. Earth is our home, let us take care of it.

40. Shell
    2nd August 2017 / 4:41 pm

You are inspiring and encouraging!!! You are doing so well on your path and have a true heart…

41. 2nd August 2017 / 5:27 pm

I’ve been..trying to figure things out and it took a while but I cherish the path that got me there. no regrets.

42. 2nd August 2017 / 8:04 pm

Great article. I can’t really answer your question but I do know what I’ve done the last 20+ years is not what I’m meant to do. I’ll continue on my journey and hope that I find something fulfilling

43. 2nd August 2017 / 9:51 pm

I struggled until I was 25 trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. I ended up spending serious time contemplating what I enjoyed and what made me happy which was writing!

44. 3rd August 2017 / 5:13 am

What a beautiful post! We all have some purpose to exist on the mother Earth! We should follow our dreams! You go gal!

45. 4th August 2017 / 3:54 pm

I was really inspired reading your post. How I wish I could do what you are doing. Inspite of being too busy, I do things that makes me happy.

46. Kristal
    1st September 2017 / 6:35 am

I am always busy and have a lot on my plate but I always find time to do what I love.