7 Ways to Easily Create More Opportunities in Life

7 Ways to Easily Create More Opportunities in Life

I was a late bloomer.  During my teenage years, I would always think that someday, everything will work out.  I was also really shy and constantly worried what others would think of everything I did.  As a result, I turned down many opportunities, purely out of fear.  One of the biggest opportunities I turned down when I was 17, was an unconditional offer to study at the London College of Fashion.  Why?  Because at my interview, I saw other girls with crazy hairstyles and blue lipstick on.  I thought to myself “I’m not like that, I’ll get judged and laughed at for not being creative enough”.  When I look back now, I realise so many times that opportunities presented themselves to me, I just didn’t take it.  So I’m here to share with you all my top 7 ways to get more opportunities in life.

1. GET OUT THERE

Not all opportunities are going to come knocking on your door.  You have to go out and find them yourself.  There is literally no point thinking that things will happen if you just sit in your house all day!  Go to websites like www.meetup.com and find like-minded individuals who you can bounce ideas off.

2. AIM HIGHER

If you only settle for what you already have, then you’ll be completely blinded by any potential opportunities that come your way.  Aim high, and then aim even higher.  Once you fire up that drive and ambition inside of you, you’ll start to become more creative about how to create and manifest more opportunities in your life.

3. STOP WORRYING ABOUT WHAT OTHERS THINK

This is a big one and one that I have struggled with for the most part of my life, so I appreciate that it can be difficult.  But you are the only person you have to live with for the rest of your life.  Before you can take care of other people, you need to look after number one first (yourself).  So if there’s something you’ve wanted to do all your life but you’re worried what others will think about you. Stop. Just stop. It’s not their life, it’s yours. Imagine living for the whole of your life and then looking back and realising you held back with everything and didn’t do what you truly wanted to do, because of other people?!

4. REALISE THE POTENTIAL IN EVERYTHING AROUND YOU

When you look around you, do you realise how much potential there is all around you?  When you go out onto the street, do you see the opportunity to help someone who is homeless?  Do you see the opportunity to spend time with your loved ones at home?  Do you see the opportunity to buy healthier food to eat?  What about the opportunity to be grateful for your life?

Do you also see the good in the bad?  This means that when something bad happens to you, or when you get rejected or betrayed, do you see this as an opportunity (to grow, to learn, to become more kind and understanding, to practice forgiveness or gratitude?)

Pay attention to the doors that open up for you.  Too often, we are blinded to opportunities that present themselves to us.  This is the bittersweet beauty of life.  When an opportunity presents itself, life doesn’t spell it out to you.  It is up to you to see and interpret it as an opportunity.

5. BETTER TO DO AND LEARN, THAN TO REGRET NEVER TRYING

There was a study I read about the top regrets of those who were on their deathbeds.  The top regret of those who were dying was that they regretted the things they didn’t do more than the things they did do.  What this says to me is that no matter what you do, it’s easier to live with the regret of going for something that was true to you, rather than putting off doing it forever.  If ever in doubt, just do it.

6. PAY ATTENTION TO WHO YOU SPEND THE MOST TIME WITH

​Motivational speaker Jim Rohn famously said that we are the average of the five people we spend the most time with.  I can definitely appreciate that it is hard to distance yourself from the people in your life that do not serve you.  But it’s not about cutting them out, it’s about recognising that they are sucking your energy or pulling you down, and then limiting your time with them.  As Ich Loc likes to put it, “love them from a distance”.

7. BE READY TO RECEIVE

Have you ever heard the phrase “when the student is ready, the master will appear”?  This is the same principle; when you’re ready to see things as opportunities in your life, they will appear in abundance.

1. 11th July 2017 / 10:32 pm

Loved this post! V inspiring!

lucindaanderson.com

XO

2. 11th July 2017 / 10:39 pm

Your blog looks professional and clean, great article.

3. 11th July 2017 / 11:46 pm

I’ve loved this article so much!
    I agree on each of the 7 points you have listed, especially the last one: after two years of psychotherapy to get out of my depression, I noticed immediately that the world is full of beautiful things that I couldn’t see before and that now are literally “clog” my days.
    You need to have: motivation, strength and believe in yourself… for the rest life will reward us!

4. 12th July 2017 / 1:34 am

Very helpful info! Let’s not leave for tomorrow what we can do today!

5. 12th July 2017 / 1:43 am

Better to do and regret than forever be wondering. So true! I have been trying to follow this reasoning more and more as time moves on. Here is my most recent why the hell not:
    Your post is full of great reminders that I think a lot of us need to hear frequently to continue to take charge and push ourselves.
    Thanks!

6. Cass Punsel
    12th July 2017 / 3:24 am

#5 is SO true! Funny how hearing it put this way makes it sink in a bit!

7. 12th July 2017 / 5:31 am

I love how chic and clean your post is, keep it up ❤️

8. 12th July 2017 / 12:05 pm

Walk through life with open eyes and everything will be fine. Too many people do not see their surrounding, it is blocking their personal development.

BTW: Nice design, perfect made, a good example of making a pleasant experience for you site visitor.

9. 12th July 2017 / 5:24 pm

Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing this wonderful advice.

10. 12th July 2017 / 6:03 pm

I think we can all relate to the third point. Also commenting here is my way of getting out there 😁

11. 12th July 2017 / 7:16 pm

I personally believe if you’re able to #1, then the remaining 6 will fall into place literally. Good job on this very simple and straight to the point. Couldn’t agree with you more.

12. 12th July 2017 / 8:57 pm

Great & inspiring post!!!

13. 12th July 2017 / 9:08 pm

Excellent advice. I truly believe the more positivity you put out there, the more you will get back 🙂

14. 12th July 2017 / 9:41 pm

Hi, I love this posts you have done great tips. Indeed don’t worry what others think and aim high and higher opportunities don’t knock on your door.

15. 12th July 2017 / 10:11 pm

Love this! I especially like being aware to opportunities that present themselves. This is so true!

16. 12th July 2017 / 11:33 pm

Lovely post thanks for sharing

17. Ich Loc
    12th July 2017 / 11:35 pm

Best advice ever! I concur.

18. Ramona Spires
    13th July 2017 / 1:51 am

All great points. No matter who you are there is going to be someone who doesn’t like you so you mind as well be yourself. Great post.

19. 13th July 2017 / 3:29 am

Great inspiring post. You always have to be open to potential and opportunities.

20. 13th July 2017 / 3:52 am

Quite right.. We need to stop worrying about others and get started..

21. 13th July 2017 / 4:15 am

It has been said that it is easier SAID than DONE. Wherever you go or whomever you met, you will always be meeting lot of challenges and trials. But to be positive is always best recommended to get away with any form of difficulties in life. I have been reading lots of these things. My only worry is: why are people not following these things? They are taking then for granted.

22. 13th July 2017 / 8:04 am

Even I have had the same experience as you did.I either overlooked or turned down many opportunities in life due to my insecurities.But,I learnt what you have mentioned as life lessons

23. 13th July 2017 / 2:25 pm

I especially like your point #3. I find this applies to young people in particular who worry way too much about other people opinions and therefore miss #1 (they just don’t do anything and give up pursuing their dream, before it is even fully formed).

24. 13th July 2017 / 2:43 pm

This is a great and heartfelt post. When I look at my dreams and visions, they`re kind of intimidating. However, if I never try, how will I find out that I can actually live out my dreams? I`m glad to have read your post.

❀ Grace ❀

25. 13th July 2017 / 3:24 pm

Thanks for sharing, really inspiring.

26. 13th July 2017 / 7:09 pm

Thanks for the share. I needed to read that.

27. 14th July 2017 / 2:01 pm

We can only create opportunities in our lives if we are positive and optimistic.If we are constantly miserable with our lives, then we may not see the signs when the reward is already there.

28. Wow, this post is really motivating. I rarely read an article like this and this is so timely. I truly agree with all what you have written here and everyone needs this as a reminder as well. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

29. 15th July 2017 / 4:34 pm

It’s really important to get out there and just try. Opportunities are out there and those people who are ready are those that can seize it. Just do your stuff and you’ll be successful.

30. 17th July 2017 / 9:03 am

Like you, I too, am a late bloomer. Although there’s nothing wrong with figuring things out later in life, it would have helped greatly if we learned about these things early on. Cheering you on for the next chapters of your life!

31. 25th July 2017 / 12:34 am

great topic! I loved especially number 5, which is kind of my motto! xoxo mey

32. 31st July 2017 / 2:56 pm

Hi,

It is fantastic. I love the way you present a topic. It is really motivating.

Regards